The Career Witches Rear Their Ugly Heads
When sisters Winnie, Sarah, and Mary are brought back through a black candle ceremony, they only have Halloween night to haunt the children of Salem and recapture immortality.
Yes, it’s a kid’s movie, but who isn’t haunted by “witches” and such, in the every day lives of an entertainment industry career?
The three “witches” I hear about most are:
The witch of wanting more work, the witch of wanting better work, and the witch of wanting different work. So, this Halloween, I thought I’d give you some hocus pocus of your own to cast a new spell over your career and rid yourself of these witches once and for all!
Here are 3 “spells” for ridding yourself of the 3 witches:
1. For more work, if you don’t know at least 40 people who can hire you, and who are working, then you need to meet more working people in the position to hire you. I know it seems obvious, so your next question is how, right? Well, start by figuring out who you want to meet. Next, see if anyone else you know has a relationship with them. Then, contact them with your contact’s referral. Otherwise, it’s time to start thinking outside of the box to get to the people you want to meet.
2. For better work (higher quality, more pay, union, etc.), it’s a matter of getting into new doors, breaking into the next level “circles.” My suggestion is getting mentors who are working at that next level or above. Get those people to know you, like you, and trust you, and you’ll be in those circles faster than you can say, “Boo!”
3. For different work (changing classifications, changing mediums, changing genres) you have to create a whole new group of contacts. You use the same tools that you’ve used to become the success that you are, only now you’re using them on people in different classifications, mediums, or genres.
1. Which “witch” is haunting you? Decide what your next step is and schedule a date to take action.
2. If you have any questions about your next step, email me at jessica@theGreenlightCoach.com so I can give you direction.
Although some would disagree, Witches aren’t real, but what’s missing in your career is very real. Figure out what that is so YOU CAN GET TO THE NEXT STEP that will launch you in the direction of the career of your dreams!