ROCK OF AGES Will You Change With The Times?
By Jessica Sitomer
When Drew (Diego Boneta) and Sherrie (Julianne Hough) meet on the Sunset Strip in the rockin’ 80s, their story takes us through the ups and downs of pursuing the dream of being a rock star. Their fresh-faced hope is the polar opposite of Stacee Jaxx (Tom Cruise) an aging Rockgod, who needs to stop living in the past.
Where do you fit in? Are you fresh off the bus, starry-eyed with dreams that everything is possible? If so, do you have a plan? Sherrie didn’t, and it took her down a dark path.
Or are you like Stacee Jaxx, stuck in your old ways; High on the success that you once had, but without a plan to move forward and change with the times?
Either scenario is not a good one. If you want to succeed, you must be willing to accept what is happening now in the industry and create a plan accordingly. Want to know what’s happening now so YOU can be at the top of your game?
1. Marketing: While Stacee had a manager with a powerhouse of marketers behind him, this was not enough for a reinvention. He needed new and current songs. YOU need to market yourself the way the trend is moving. And what is the way to market yourself now? SOCIAL MEDIA. If you’re fighting it, then you’re going to be one of those washed up rockstars. But if you embrace the change, learn what you can, you can reinvent yourself like Stacee Jaxx. For help, you can listen to my free teleseminar at GreenlightHollywood.com
2. Taking Risks: Drew wanted to be a rockstar but he was afraid to perform on stage. When an opening act cancelled and Sherrie asked the club owner to give Drew a chance, he did, and Drew pushed through his fear and took it. YOU need to push through your fear and take the risks that you’ve pushed to the back burner of your mind. It’s time to ask for what you want to make it in your career!
3. Teamwork: Drew didn’t make it alone. He had Sherrie pushing for him and then a manager. Stacee didn’t make it alone. He had an entire team around him. In fact, every character in the film had someone looking out for him/her. YOU need a team around you, people who will push you, help you, and connect you.
You can keep doing things the way you’ve been doing them, time will pass, and you’ll look back and 20 years will have gone by. If you keep doing what you’re doing, where do you think you’ll be in 20 years? If you are concerned your actions are not taking you on the path to success it’s time to take action!
1. Make a list of 3 risks that you have pushed to the back burner and schedule a time to take them.
2. Find a partner or a team who can support you with these risks and the risks to come.
3. Do more with your social media marketing, and if you’re not on social media or don’t know how to use it to market yourself for work, listen to my free teleseminar at GreenlightHollywood.com.
It’s not too late! Don’t Stop Believing cause this could be Just Like Living In Paradise.